You know how it goes.
Your alarm sounds, you are half awake, and you gotta have your cup of coffee to get going.
You add the water and the grounds and the gurgling sounds of your coffee maker fills the stillness of the morning.
For it to be everything you imagined, here are the secrets to pouring the perfect cup of coffee.
1. Select a mug with the least amount of coffee residue from the previous morning’s cup of coffee
2. Go to the refrigerator to discover you are almost out of your favourite coffee creamer
3. Slam near-empty creamer container dejectedly on the counter
4. With trembling caffeine-deprived hands, pour what coffee has made it through the system into your almost clean mug
5. Make sure you leave behind dribbles of coffee that apparently drop from an unseen hole in the coffee pot
6. Stir in the remaining drops of creamer and toss your spoon in the dirty mac and cheese pot soaking in the sink causing a mini tidal wave of nasty dish water to slosh all over the place
7. Throw some coffee grounds on the floor for principle
8. Take a sip and burn your tongue with much impatience
9. Place coffee mug on the counter
10 . Walk out the door in a rush and forget your coffee